기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Short trip to Swiss Zermatt: Preparation

I guess it's time to prepare my hiking trip to Himalaya in September. As of the imaginary trekking of Himalaya, I am going to Zermatt in Swiss following weekend. It was just a couple of days in advance of the departure date, so I could not buy a discounted ticket. At least, the early departure ticket was not that expensive, so I am heading to Swiss early morning, 7AM.

Many people think that the DBahn ticket is very expensive, but there is always different prices of the ticket according to the departure time. I bought 49 EUR early bird ticket and additionally get 25% discount because I have the Bahn 25 card. Once you buy the Bahn 25 card(69Eur), then you can buy train ticket with always 25% discounted price. When you travel more than 3 times with long distance like from Frankfurt to Berlin, then it is worth to buy.


I like to travel with a train, so it is always good for me even it takes 7hours. The hostel I will stay there has a quite good price, only 29 Eur per night. Only one bad thing is, I cannot cook at the hostel. A small portion of kebob is approximately.12 Eur in Swiss. Therefore, I have to find a way to reduce the cost of the food there. Fortunately, I don't that much like european food, so it would be great to buy some stuff at the supermarket. And also, I will bring some food from Germany, like sausage or snacks.


I am considering to spend around 300 Eur in this trip.

train 85 + hostel 60 + food 80 + add 75(local train etc...).

I will post the total cost when I am back from the trip.

댓글