기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Nepal: ABC and Dal Baht

It was not really planned, but I had 3 weeks time and wanted to go somewhere I've never been to before.
View of the annapurna

A friend of mine posted some photos of the Himalaya area on her Facebook two months ago. My impression of the photos were very strong, so I immediately checked the price of the flight ticket to Kathmandu, and then booked. It was really long journey from Frankfurt to Kathmandu. It took around 18 hours to arrive at KTM, but it was not the end of the way to the Himalaya. I had to take another 7 to 9 hours of the bus from Kathmadu to Pokhara. Was it really worth to visit there with spending such a long time? My answer was yes, definetely.

I had to prepare light package of the backpack before the trekking was started. I had to carry on the backpack for 10 days in the montain with the range from 1000m to 4000m high altitude. Therefore, I was desperate to reduce the weight of my backpack as much as I can. At the end, the weight of my backpack became 8kg.

Items I had in my backpack

8kg weight was not that heavy, but also not the value to ignore it. The weight made me feel much heavier and heavier when the altitude was increased. My shoulder was pressed all the time by the weight of the backpack. I was considering to reduce the number of my underwears fro three to two...It might be helpful to reduce the 70g weight...hehe

We started this trekking with 7 people together. Two of them were out of the team on the first day. Two other members decided to have more relaxed trekking on the third day of the trekking. The 3 of us could arrive the destination ABC on the 4th day of the trekking schedule. We woke up at 4am and arrive at the ABC around 6:50AM.

Welcome to ABC
Panorama view of the ABC

When I finally arrived at the ABC, I was overwhelmed the landscape of the annapurna. I never saw such a beautiful landscape before. Anyone can make it, but I could be one of them now.
On the way back to the Pokhara, we had relexing day at the Jinudanda where the hot spring is located. The first taste of the nepali beer was not that much bad.

Beer and hot spring in Jinudanda

Most foods I had in the lodges were so so. However, the taste of the steak in the lodge Chomlog was good. I had Dal Baht almost all day. The size of the Dal Baht became small when the altitude was increased. In the meanwhile, the taste of it became worse when the altitude was increased.

Some people still like to have the dal baht after the trekking, but I fed up with the small of the dal baht after the trekking and I felt like I would bever try them again. No more dal baht for a while.
Overall taste of the foods in Nepal was not particular for me. I had many different dishes, but none of them made me impressed, unfortunately.

1st day dal baht

2nd day dal baht

3rd day...

4th day dal baht in MBC

5th or 6th day dal baht

dal baht in Pokhara

newari set(friend of dal baht) in Kathmandu

The first momo I had in KTM was the best thing I had in Nepal. If you want to have un-intended diet, then visit Nepal. Below photos are what I ate in Nepal.

Momo in KTM. It was the best food ever I had during my staying in Nepal.

Chicken noodle soup Thukpa

Fried rice and noodle soup. The soup has korean ramen flavour

Fried noodle in Bamboo, so so

Apple pie and custard, too much sweet.


Fried noodle, momo and nepali bread.


noodle and milktea from ABC

indian biryani in Bamboo

egg noodle soup in Bamboo



Biryani and yak steak in Chomlong


Pasta in Jinudanda

Korean fried chicken in Pokhara, it was too dry

at the cafe in Pokhara


fired cheese, it was good


dried goat meat sukuti

cheese cake at the korean japanese cafe in Pokhara

another cake at the same cafe


Tibetian food from Potala tiebetian restaurant in Pokhara

Sound indian food masara something from Pokhara 

Cocolut and string bean dish

Korean dinner at KTM

Last dinner yak steak at KTM

last pancake bofore I leave KTM

댓글