기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Ski trip to Austria and Apres-Ski party!!!

During 7 years of staying in Germany, I only did 1 day snowboarding in Interlaken, Swiss. I had a lot of plans to go skiing with some friends before, but it was cancelled all the time. It was already 3 years ago that I did snowboarding in Swiss. It was my first time snowboarding in Europe. It was not that good, since the quality of the snow was bad(it was in the middle of March, so it was like a half snow and a half slush). And also, it was difficult to ride the t-shape lift with the snowboard. So, I was considered to change riding from snowboard to ski next time.

And the next time comes in Feb 2018. The three of us left Frankfurt at 9 PM on Wednesday after work and arrived the Zillertal in Austria at 5 AM. The accommodation we booked were in the middle of the mount(it was located at the location with the height 1500m). Our rented car had a really small engine, and there were a bit snow at 5 AM. It was not possible to drive the car above the road, so we had to park the car on the road and walked approx. 20 mins. Anyway, the accommodation was great, and we could do enjoy the relaxed first day. 

We woke up at 1 PM on Thursday and then did the first day skiing. I never learnt how to do skiing before, so I went to the beginner area to learn by myself. I think we had around 2 hours skiing on that day. The first impression of my skiing was good. I felt like I am talented, just because I could go down with the skiing without any problem. I was able to move to the left and right freely. After the skiing, we went to the Apres-Ski place. It is more like a pub, but the music they play is the German schläger music which I don't like that much. I started to go this weird place from Thursday until Sunday with my two party-loving friends...

On Friday, we went to the Zell am Ziller area. There are a lot of people in this area. And the quality of the snow was a bit bad. I tried to learn by myself, but it was like not going well. I was feeling like I was wasting my time here, so I decide to learn from the teacher. Unfortunately, I could not attend the group lessen. The group less only starts on Sunday or Monday. So, I had to find the private teacher. And again went the the Apres-Ski place... Some of the strange lyrics like Bier song or the Johnny Depp songs were not left from my ears. 

The weather on Saturday was just great. See the photos on that day.





I found a private teaching school, but the price was super expensive. I noticed that the price of the private lesson differs by the location even it was all in the Zillertal area. The place we went on Saturday was Gerlos and the lesson fee was 150 EUR for 2 hours... but the teacher was very kind and effective. I learnt how to move my knees and how to stop during running down with a high speed. I was able to make better s curves after the lesson.I had to take this lesson on 2nd day.. I had a bit more confident of my skiing skill, so I went to the longer distance place. On the way down, I lost my way to be the blue line due to the bad weather. I went to the red line place and it took ages to arrive the destination.





Anyway, I was able to be arrived at the place where we parked our car. And then again, we went to the Apres-Ski pub. It was the last night in Austria, so we drunk more than the other two previous days. 


And then the last day Sunday comes. I was able to control my body more, so the skiing was way better and of course I had much fun. I always had a small lunch, but I needed to have a bit bigger lunch due to the compensation of my lost calories during 4 hours skiing. The taste of the Austrian style spare ribs were great. 



We did skiing until 5 PM and then we had the last beer at the Apres-Ski place. After that, we left Zillertal. It was 2 AM that I arrived in Frankfurt. I think 4 days serial skiing are a little  bit too much for my standard, so I may try 3 days skiing maximum, if I go skiing in next year. Anyway, the biggest achievement in this trip was learning how to do skiing and know the Apres-Ski culture. I look forward to come visit Austria for skiing again.

댓글