기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Christmas Holidays: Food trip in New York

There are tons of tourists in New York. Someone likes shopping and someone likes museums or musical. What I like to do in NY? It's eating out!!!

Lobster in Chelsea market

NY has a Chinatown, Korean town, little Italy and so on. This diverse multicultural background makes the variety choice of the restaurants. I was not checked what to do in NY, but I checked what to eat in NY a lot.

1. Panda express: whenever I saw the american TV shows, the actors in the show sometimes ordered the delivery Chinese noodle in the paper-box. I was really curious the taste, so it was the first meal I tried in NY. But it was not recommendable.

The taste was so so, will never try again

2. Sandwich in Ruby's cafe: This small and cozy imbiss is quite popular among Koreans. There was a bit waiting time at the entrance, but it was worth to wait.

The size of the sandwich in Amercia is at least 1 and a half bigger than in Germany

3. Chelsea Market: I organised a couch surfing event in Chelsea market. I met some people via this event and ate pre-dinner at the lobsters place. And then we had a dinner at the los tacos no.1. Both seafood and tacos were great choice.

Tacos with chicken and beef. Beef one had better taste

4. Ramen Ippudo: It was called as a best ramen shop in New York. Because of this popularity, we had to wait for 1:30 hours. It was worth to wait such a long time, espicially due to the taste of the bun!!!

Hirata Bun with Pork bally, so tasty


5. Wolfgang steakhouse: There are many popular steak houses in NY. Wolfgang is one of these well know steak houses. We 7 people went there and ate bunch of meats woth some red wine. At the end, we had to pay 75 Dollors per each person :(

Beautiful shape of the porter steak

6. Le bernadin: I also went to the mischellin 3 stars restaurant. I will write down about this restaurant seperately.

It's tuna

8. Jing Fong dimsum restaurant: Jing Fong is one of the most popular dimsum restaurant in Chinatown. My second couchsurfing event was held at there. Fortunately, some chinese speaking people attended the event. So, we could order various food without any problem :)


Chicken feet, yammy!!!

8. Bukchangdong Sundubu(Korean restaurant): New years eve dinner was at the korean silky tofu restaurant. This restaurant is located at the Koreatown in Manhattan. I really liked the taste of all banchans and yangnyumgejang there. I will miss this taste when I go back to Germany.

My spicy mates

9.Joe`s Shanghai: Visit Chinatown again!! I heard that the Xiao Long Bao in this restaurant is the best in NY. I was sooooo happy to taste the meat soup inside of the dumplings ><

Xiao Long Bao





댓글