기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Phuket: No, I am not a chinese

I wanted to have some rest after the trip to Nepal. And my flight company was Thai airways. They offer good priced ticket to the Phuket island, and there exists a direct flight to Frankfurt!!! So, I moved to Phuket after 2 weeks demanding trekking in Nepal.

The first day in Phuket was only 3 hours. I arrived at the Phuket airport at 9PM and then arrived at the Hotel at 11pm. I had only 80 Bht in my pocket and all currency exchange shops were closed. So, I had great sleep at first day.

It was great choice to stay at the Kata beach. The color of the water was very clear, not regreted. The one problem was, there were so many chinese tourists in Phuket. It is not problem that I saw the chinese tourists, but most thai people tried to talk in chinese to me to sell something. More than 100 people tried to talk to me everyday in chinese and it was super annoying!!! It was more annoying than someone tried to talk in English just because I cannot understand at all.

Kata beach, beautiful but so many chinese tourists were there 

I wanted to attend the ironman event one day, but I have one critical problem. That is, the fact that I cannot swim. I wish I could somehow learn how to swim in Phuket and I went to the swimming course. After couple of hours I spent in the pool, I was a bit sure that I could swim little bit. Maybe I can attend the ironman event in 3 years if I keep practive in the pool.

The thai food was I ate for 5 days were just great!! I wished my stomach was always empty to have continuous dishes soon, but there is always certain limit to eat. There are plantly of seafoods and fresh fruits everywhere in Phuket. I really enjoyed every moment when I went to any restaurants. They were always good, never failed any menus I ordered.

Chicken satay with peanut butter source, great as a starter

Pat thai, most well known food from Thailand

Curry crab, my favorite thai chinese food

Tom yum goong, I like this sauer and spicy flavour

Seafood panang curry, not spicy than I expected

Street noodle soup. Just great!!

Fried fish with garlic pepper source/Fried noodle. My last dinner in Phuket

Apart from swimming and eat, I also went to the night market, bangla street and the big budda. I wanted to go to the big budda by walk, so I walked from the swimming pool(after the swimming course) to the big budda. It took approx. 2 hours and I was almost dead due to the intensive sunshine at noon. However, the whole view of the Phuket from the big budda was amazing. It gave me a great compensation after the 2 hours struggling to walk along the long way to the budda.

After 2hours walk, I could see the behind view of the big budda.


Look how big the big budda is.

The view of the Phuket from the Big budda

As I emntioned it was annoying that many thai people tried to talk in Chinese. But I learnt how to swim  and also enjoys thai food a lot. And the last night massage from the massage shop 'carpe diem' was wonderful!!! It was a good decision to visit here Phuket before I am going back to Germany. I will visit this beautiful place once again with someone next time!!!














댓글